The Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) Party leader Raila Odinga caused excitement online after he flew two form one students to Maranda High School for their admission on Monday, August 2.
Speaking to Kenyans.co.ke, the school secretary confirmed that Raila dropped the two boys in the school compound while on his way to the area.
The two boys are sponsored by the former Prime Minister for their entire secondary school education.
The boys are not in any way related to Raila, but caught his attention following impressive performances in last year's Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE).
The chopper ride was a motivation to the two boys for their exemplary performance.Raila and others pose for a photo at Maranda High School
A Twitter user by the name Johnson Kariuki wrote: “A form 1 student is dropped at Maranda School in a chopper. He arrived for admission like Jesus entering Jerusalem.”
“It has emerged that the boys who were flown by a chopper to Maranda High School this morning are among many bright and needy students sponsored by Raila Amollo Odinga.”
“The former premier chose to give the boys a treat for the good work they demonstrated in their exams,” wrote a Facebook user, Owich Sirkal.
This comes even as another student had to walk for 50 kilometres so as not to miss an admission slot in his dream school.
Reports by K24 reported that George Masinde had been admitted at St Joseph's Boys school, which is a national school in Kitale.
The boy said that he resulted to trekking after his neighbor informed him that he would miss his slot if he did not report on Monday, August 2.
The fear of missing out on the opportunity made the boy, who had scored 370 marks, sneak from his parents' house at 3:00 a.m. in a bid to get to the institution in time.
- New Beginnings28 September 2021 - 7:52 pm
- Solving Case28 September 2021 - 7:40 pm
- Wealth28 September 2021 - 7:15 pm
- Blow28 September 2021 - 7:26 pm
- Merger28 September 2021 - 7:21 pm
- Step In28 September 2021 - 6:50 pm
- WIN FOR KENYA28 September 2021 - 7:15 pm
- Barred28 September 2021 - 6:33 pm
- Inaccessible28 September 2021 - 6:55 pm
- sad28 September 2021 - 5:24 pm
- Climbing the Mountain28 September 2021 - 5:39 pm
- Heated28 September 2021 - 3:59 pm