Jubilee Secretary General, Raphael Tuju, has addressed reports alleging that he was locked out of the party’s headquarters in Pangani, Nairobi.
On Thursday, October 14, Tuju spoke to Kenyans.co.ke and asked the public to disregard all claims stating that wrangles had ensued in President Uhuru Kenyatta’s camps over administration and power privileges.
“I am currently behind my desk at Jubilee Headquarters and I have just finished a meeting with some of our staff."Jubilee party headquarters office in Pangani on Monday, September 11, 2019.Simon KiraguKenyans.co.ke
“You are free to come and take a picture,” Tuju stated.
Jubilee Communications Director, Albert Mwemusi, concurred with his boss and refuted the allegations that went viral on social media on Thursday morning.
“The office is open and the SG has been holding a meeting,” Mwemusi told Kenyans.co.ke.
Digital Strategist and Deputy President William Ruto’s ally, Dennis Itumbi, had alleged that Tuju was barred from accessing the party’s offices on Thursday morning, October 14.
“Jubilee HQ locked. Tuju locked out. They plan to blame the pandemic for office closure."
“Administration altercation is on,” Itumbi posted on his social media pages.
A section of politicians allied to Uhuru has been demanding and pushing for the ouster of Tuju and Jubilee Vice Chairman, David Murathe.
The duo was accused of being a stumbling block for reforms, vibrancy and growth at the party.
Calls for their ouster surfaced after Jubilee lost to Ruto-linked United Democratic Alliance (UDA) at the Kiambaa and Juja by-elections.Jubilee Vice Chairman David Murathe and Secretary General Raphael Tuju address the media outside Jubilee Party offices in 2020
- International21 January 2022 - 7:31 pm
- big puzzle21 January 2022 - 6:55 pm
- Autopsy21 January 2022 - 5:31 pm
- tough rules21 January 2022 - 4:58 pm
- Secret Tapes21 January 2022 - 4:01 pm
- exposed21 January 2022 - 3:58 pm
- panic21 January 2022 - 3:12 pm
- tough races21 January 2022 - 2:35 pm
- Sad21 January 2022 - 2:00 pm
- New Details21 January 2022 - 12:47 pm
- bowed out21 January 2022 - 1:07 pm
- new twist21 January 2022 - 11:12 am