- Citizen TV
President Uhuru Kenyatta on Friday, January 7, made a surprise appearance at handshake partner, Raila Odinga's a private birthday party in Karen.
Odinga's family held an invite-only party for him as he turned 77 years old at his Karen residence.
Images seen by Kenyans.co.ke show Uhuru being received by the former Premier. The two sat side-by-side in a round table where the latter's close allies including Siaya Senator, James Orengo, was seated.Raila Odinga and President Uhuru Kenyatta during the former's private birthday party in Karen on January 7Citizen TV
According to some of the invited guests, who spoke to the media, security at the party was heightened when the Head of State arrived.
"When President Kenyatta arrived at the function, all guests were ordered not to take any photographs or videos until he left he party," stated the report by the media.
Uhuru and Raila then proceeded to cut a five-layered cake similar to the one cut at the birthday party organised by the Azimio la Umoja Young Turks at the Bomas of Kenya.
The sources further revealed that, Kenyatta again endorsed Odinga to succeed him as president at the end of is term.
He fronted the Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) party leader as the best-fit presidential candidate to succeed him.
The Karen event was attended by high-profile politicians affiliated to the handshake partners.
Among them were the leader of the Majority in the National Assembly, Amos Kimunya and the Senate Majority Leader, Samuel Poghisio.
The event was also attended by Kieni member of Parliament, Kanini Kega and prominent businessmen and women.ODM leader Raila Odinga sharing his birthday cake at the Bomas Kenya, Nairobi on Friday, January 7, 2022Raila Odinga's Twitter Page
- Directive26 September 2022 - 10:21 am
- tragedy26 September 2022 - 8:34 am
- Damage Control26 September 2022 - 7:47 am
- Orders26 September 2022 - 7:19 am
- Sad25 September 2022 - 8:03 pm
- Terror25 September 2022 - 5:42 pm
- Defiant25 September 2022 - 6:39 pm
- Goodbye25 September 2022 - 4:23 pm
- Tragic25 September 2022 - 3:50 pm
- Revealed25 September 2022 - 3:05 pm
- Financial Security25 September 2022 - 2:40 pm
- Nothing But Prayer25 September 2022 - 2:04 pm