Royal Media Services (RMS), the parent company for Citizen TV, Inooro TV, Ramogi TV, and 14 radio stations, has unveiled a new radio station.
Magalata FM, which broadcasts in the Borana language, went on air in January 2022.
While its frequency has not been made public, the station is already online and can be accessed on the company's main website or the Citizen Digital application.Media owner and billionaire SK MachariaFile
The station plays music on most occasions and has a few shows since it is not fully operational.
RMS is actively recruiting employees for its new station and has announced various open positions including; reporters, news presenters, and head of the station.
Those interested can apply by sending their CVs and cover letters to email@example.com before Monday, January 17, at 5:00 pm.
Applicants have also been asked to quote the reference numbers of the different positions that they are applying for. More details can be accessed on the Royal Media Services careers page.
A highly-placed source, who spoke to Kenyans.co.ke on condition of anonymity, revealed that RMS will officially launch Magalata FM in the coming weeks.
"We are still working on it. There is no date set yet. The station will target the Borana community and we have advertised for presenters," the source asserted.
The launch comes a month after RMS owned by media mogul, Samuel Kamau (SK) Macharia, unveiled Ramogi TV - a 24-hour free-to-air channel offering general entertainment to customers and broadcasts in Dholuo (Luo) vernacular language.Ramogi TV Presenters pose for a photo during the launch of the TV station on Monday, November 29,
- Fall Out28 January 2022 - 8:04 pm
- exposed28 January 2022 - 8:10 pm
- respect28 January 2022 - 7:51 pm
- Cancelled28 January 2022 - 7:25 pm
- tough call28 January 2022 - 7:05 pm
- Punitive28 January 2022 - 6:19 pm
- big moves28 January 2022 - 7:03 pm
- Security Matters28 January 2022 - 5:47 pm
- new twist28 January 2022 - 5:20 pm
- Ruto's Call28 January 2022 - 4:45 pm
- turned down28 January 2022 - 4:26 pm
- Debts28 January 2022 - 3:49 pm