The Jubilee Party has announced new party officials as the political outfit seeks to rebrand ahead of the August 9 polls.
While addressing the party's National Delegates Conference (NDC), the National Executive Committee (NEC) announced new party officials after the outgoing Secretary General, Rapahel Tuju, announced that he was stepping down to take on other duties assigned to him by President Uhuru Kenyatta.
Most notably, Uhuru will continue to serve as the party leader for a period of five years until 2027.
In the new leadership, the party restructured its organs after the delegates ratified to introduce four positions for the seat of Deputy Party leader, which was held by Deputy President William Ruto.President Uhuru Kenyatta (right) with Jubilee Secretary-General Raphael Tuju (left) at the All Saints Cathedral, Nairobi in October 2015File
This was after it also ratified that Ruto be expunged from the party's membership list.
At the event, Ruto was replaced by Kitutu Chache Member of Parliament, Jimmy Angwenyi. Other Deputy party leaders include Taveta MP Naomi Shaban, former Buuri MP Kinoti Gatobu, and former Kajiado Senator Peter Mositet.
On the other end, Tuju was replaced by Ndaragwa MP Jeremiah Kioni and will be deputised by Cherangany MP Joshua Kutuny.
Additionally, the party also endorsed a new logo and colours for the party. The party adopted the dove as its new symbol, replacing the two hands that were adopted in the run up to the 2017 General Election.
Jubilee also did away with the yellow colour that was linked to Ruto's defunct United Republican Party (URP) and will be fully identified by the red colours.
This is the full list of the new officials of the Jubilee Party:
1. Party Leader - Uhuru Kenyatta
2. Deputy Party Leader- Jimi Angwenyi
3. Deputy Party Leader Operations - Kinoti Gatobu
4. Deputy Party Leader Outreach - Naomi Shaban
5. Deputy Party Leader Programmes - Peter Mositet
6. National Chairman - Nelson Dzuya
7. Deputy National Chairperson - David Murathe
8. Secretary General - Jeremiah Kioni
9. Deputy Secretary General - Joshua Kutuny
10. Parliamentary Secretary - Adan Keynan
11. National Treasurer - Kagwe Gichohi
12. Deputy National Treasurer - Mr. Mohammed
13. National Organising Secretary - Abubakar Haji
14. Deputy National Organising Secretary - Mutava Musimi
15. National Director of Elections - Kanini Kega
16. Deputy Director of Elections - Racheal Nyamai
17. Chairperson National Women League - Fatuma Gedi
18. Chairperson National Men League - Mulembe Mundalo
19. Chairperson National Persons Living With Disability League - Wanja Maina
20. Chairperson Council of Elders - Njeng'a Mung'ai
21. Chairperson Business Council - Joel Kibe.President Uhuru Kenyatta and his Deputy William Ruto at the merger to form Jubilee Party in September 2016.File
- New Alliance28 June 2022 - 8:08 pm
- Tracking28 June 2022 - 8:18 pm
- The Big Boy28 June 2022 - 7:34 pm
- Running Mouth28 June 2022 - 7:04 pm
- Daylight Robbery28 June 2022 - 6:29 pm
- Revealed28 June 2022 - 5:37 pm
- No Thank You28 June 2022 - 4:29 pm
- A spying boss28 June 2022 - 3:31 pm
- Sad28 June 2022 - 3:55 pm
- Revealed28 June 2022 - 3:43 pm
- Tragic28 June 2022 - 2:41 pm
- PROGRESS28 June 2022 - 2:08 pm