A faulty braking system of a lorry was blamed as the major cause of the Saturday, November 26, accident involving a Guardian Angel bus in Kisii.
This is according to witnesses who were present at the scene of the accident.
The heavily loaded oncoming lorry lost control while descending a steep hill in the area and rammed into the bus from behind.The Guardian Angel bus involved in an accident on Saturday, November 26, 2022, in Kisii.Zapper
The impact thereof pushed the bus off the road before it rolled over the escarpment and left it trapped in the Nyabera River.
According to police reports, 19 out of 20 passengers sustained injuries from the accident, four being admitted at the Kisii Teaching and Referral Hospital in Kisi Town.
The Guardian Angel bus was travelling from Nairobi to Migori on Saturday, November 26, when the accident occurred.
Police towed the two vehicles to Nyanchwa Police station while investigating the incident.
The accident came amid the rising number of road accidents in different parts of the country.
On the same morning, Saturday, November 26, three people passed away after a 14-passenger capacity matatu collided with a trailer at Nakuru's Ngata Bridge.
Earlier, on Friday, November 25, a van ferrying students who were proceeding to enjoy the December holidays clashed at Kipkelion, Kericho County.
According to the National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA), 17,550 fatalities were registered between January 2022 and October 2022.
The transport authority warned all road users to exercise caution during the upcoming festivities.An NTSA official marshalls traffic at a past accident sceneNTSAaccident fatal
- Struggle2 February 2023 - 6:30 pm
- HEARTBREAKING2 February 2023 - 6:12 pm
- Hunted2 February 2023 - 6:12 pm
- Exciting2 February 2023 - 6:39 pm
- Accused2 February 2023 - 5:57 pm
- Be Careful2 February 2023 - 6:18 pm
- Exit2 February 2023 - 5:43 pm
- Condition2 February 2023 - 4:26 pm
- Inappropriate2 February 2023 - 5:12 pm
- Spiritual Intervention2 February 2023 - 5:00 pm
- Profile2 February 2023 - 4:45 pm
- New Direction2 February 2023 - 4:52 pm