Nine people were Tuesday night killed and four others injured after heavily-armed bandits attacked villages in Makutani area, Baringo County.
The raiders barricaded the roads before launching the deadly attack in which they also torched several houses and shops.
According to human rights activist Amos Olempaka, the villages were under siege for several hours as the bandits surrounded the area.
"The villages in the area have been under siege for many hours last night and it's feared that many people have been killed," Olempaka was quoted by a local daily.
The Kenya Red Cross officials are currently in the volatile area conducting rescue missions.
Reports indicate that among the nine who were killed, four are children.
On Tuesday morning, two women were killed when attackers ambushed a police vehicle at Mukutani in Tiaty, Baringo County.
The bandits sprayed the GK vehicle with bullets killing the two who had hiked a lift from Mosiro Center in Kiserian and were heading to Kabarnet town.
The attacks come even as a security operation to flush out bandits is ongoing in the area.
The security operation ordered by Deputy President William Ruto was followed by the gazettement of 19 areas in the region as highly dangerous.
- full speech6 June 2020 - 4:13 pm
- Gradual6 June 2020 - 4:15 pm
- Not yet over6 June 2020 - 3:47 pm
- free to move6 June 2020 - 3:37 pm
- Anxious6 June 2020 - 2:40 pm
- smart leader6 June 2020 - 2:56 pm
- unfortunate6 June 2020 - 2:30 pm
- Soaring6 June 2020 - 3:28 pm
- honour6 June 2020 - 2:10 pm
- Insider6 June 2020 - 1:55 pm
- rip6 June 2020 - 1:00 pm
- taking action6 June 2020 - 12:27 pm