The government has said it will offer amnesty to radicalized youths who had joined the Al Shabaab terror group.
Interior Cabinet Secretary Joseph Nkaissery has urged those wishing to disassociate with the terror group to report to County Commissioners in Nairobi, Mombasa and Garissa where they will be given information on the way forward.
Nkaissery cautioned that the offer only stands for ten days as from Thursday 23rd April and urged parents who suspect that their children have joined the group to do the same.
The move is an attempt by the government to tackle security challenges as a result of terrorism which have been dogging the country for over the past year.
Two weeks ago Al Shabaab operatives raided Garissa University and killed 148 people, 147 of the being students.
The youths have also been urged to confidentially get in touch using the following platforms; 0701632432, 0701632643, 0701632443 or email@example.com.
- Approved13 July 2020 - 8:29 am
- saved13 July 2020 - 8:19 am
- Politics13 July 2020 - 7:53 am
- coming up13 July 2020 - 7:39 am
- it's time12 July 2020 - 8:03 pm
- next move?12 July 2020 - 7:28 pm
- Exposed12 July 2020 - 7:18 pm
- power games12 July 2020 - 5:47 pm
- marching band12 July 2020 - 5:33 pm
- Surge12 July 2020 - 5:23 pm
- Trailblazer12 July 2020 - 4:57 pm
- changes12 July 2020 - 3:36 pm