Cafe` Deli Restaurant will spend Sh315 Million ($3 Million) on an expansion plan that will see it compete with big players in the restaurant business.
Mr Obado Obadoh, who is the founder and also manager of the entreprise said in a statement to the media, that Cafe` Deli will become the biggest Restaurant in Nairobi and is set to open three more branches before the end of 2016.
This comes after the restaurant scheduled the opening ceremony of the new Kenyatta Avenue Branch Nairobi on Friday, which will have a sitting capacity of 250 persons.
Obadoh said the branch which was part of the Sh315 Million plan, seeks to establish branches in Nairobi's biggest Malls so as to meet the demands of the growing middle class in the City.
Cafe` Deli got a South African financier, GroFin Company which funds small and medium businesses that have potential for growth across Africa and Middle East.
Other investors include KfW Development Bank, Shell Foundation and Norfund.
GroFin Investment Executive, Rishi Khubchandani stated that they were confident about their investment in the home-grown Kenyan brand that would be there for decades.
The venture started as a small restaurant in Westlands and grew to become a multimillion shilling business with branches along Moi Avenue and Nkurumah Lane, Nairobi.
Mr Obadoh is a renowned pastry chef who began as an apprentice chef at Norfolk Hotel in 1990 and slowly transitioned to entrepreneurship in 2004.
- TAKE NOTE13 August 2022 - 1:16 pm
- Revised13 August 2022 - 12:21 pm
- Rising Stars13 August 2022 - 1:07 pm
- Final Blow13 August 2022 - 12:02 pm
- Victory13 August 2022 - 12:45 pm
- Shock Waves13 August 2022 - 12:36 pm
- fresh info13 August 2022 - 10:54 am
- Rise to Power13 August 2022 - 11:04 am
- Blow13 August 2022 - 10:04 am
- Dominance13 August 2022 - 10:22 am
- Super Women13 August 2022 - 9:02 am
- Revealed13 August 2022 - 8:27 am