A 35 year old man in South Africa who had shocked the world by killing and eating the heart of another man has been sentenced to 18 years in prison.
Andrew Chimboza murdered 62 year old Mbuyiselo Manona as the two men fought over Chimboza's girlfriend in June last year.
The accused is said to have cut out the heart of the deceased, cut it into pieces and ate some.
Chimboza is a Zimbabwean national who had been living in South Africa as a refugee since 2009.
Judge Ashley Binns-Ward who passed the sentence said Chimboza is “Capable of unpredictable and uncontrollable rage and it is difficult to predict how this might be triggered”.
Psychiatric assessment, earlier conducted on the accused revealed he had no mental illness and rated low in terms of risk and psychopathology.murder
- PLAN IN PLACE24 January 2022 - 8:34 pm
- Recognition24 January 2022 - 6:43 pm
- NEW MEMBER24 January 2022 - 6:02 pm
- Response24 January 2022 - 5:44 pm
- exposed24 January 2022 - 5:57 pm
- new orders24 January 2022 - 4:38 pm
- Uplifting24 January 2022 - 5:07 pm
- revealed24 January 2022 - 3:09 pm
- BEST SUITED24 January 2022 - 2:14 pm
- Defiant24 January 2022 - 1:36 pm
- Revolutionaries24 January 2022 - 2:13 pm
- Remarkable24 January 2022 - 1:03 pm