A court in Mombasa has ordered a woman to return half of the dowry her family received during the dissolution of her marriage on Thursday.
Khadija Abdulnassir, 20, left her matrimonial home and reported to her parents that her husband Omar Ahmed Salim, 25, failed to have sex with her throughout their marriage.
Chief Kadhi Sharif Al Muhdhar declared the couple's union which had lasted barely a year, broken.
"The plaintiff filed this divorce case asking for dissolution of the marriage on grounds that the defendant is impotent. As of the filing date, there was no sexual intercourse between two of them (sic)," stated the Kadhi.
Ms Abdulnassir's family was, however, dissatisfied with the ruling that required them to return part of the dowry, vowing to appeal the decision.
During the case, the plaintiff proved to the court that she was still a virgin by producing two medical reports from different doctors.
On his part, Mr Salim insisted that he had intercourse his wife and only left her to pursue studies at Kenyatta University.
He further denied being impotent or having an erectile dysfunction hence produced a medical report that confirmed he was fit.
Nonetheless, Mr Salim did not object the divorce but asked the judge to order his wife repay Sh100,000 dowry that he paid to Ms Abdulnassir's family.
Watch video here:
- Imagegreenlight10 April 2020 - 9:11 am
- ImagePandemic10 April 2020 - 8:37 am
- Imageangry10 April 2020 - 8:34 am
- Imagesuffering abroad10 April 2020 - 7:13 am
- Imagedo's and donts9 April 2020 - 7:55 pm
- Imageabort mission9 April 2020 - 7:05 pm
- Imagekind9 April 2020 - 6:40 pm
- Imagebedlam9 April 2020 - 6:31 pm
- ImageBeware9 April 2020 - 7:11 pm
- ImageGolden Heart9 April 2020 - 6:49 pm
- Imageswift9 April 2020 - 6:03 pm
- Imageemergency9 April 2020 - 5:57 pm