Women in Kandara village, Murang'a County took to the streets to protest what they said is an increasing number of wines and spirits joints in the area.
The women carrying twigs and chanting songs attributed the rise of crime and deaths in the region to the consumption of liquor which they said was available in plenty in the region.
The women also said that young men in the region were failing to marry and get children because they had taken to the bottle.
They now want the local administration to revoke the establishments licenses.
- politics5 March 2021 - 7:22 pm
- infrastructure5 March 2021 - 7:18 pm
- jab5 March 2021 - 6:32 pm
- star5 March 2021 - 6:39 pm
- mystery cloud5 March 2021 - 5:33 pm
- armed5 March 2021 - 6:14 pm
- blessings5 March 2021 - 4:51 pm
- classmate5 March 2021 - 4:38 pm
- Change of Heart5 March 2021 - 3:27 pm
- Update5 March 2021 - 4:58 pm
- Special Rights5 March 2021 - 3:51 pm
- need to know5 March 2021 - 7:39 pm