Women in Kandara village, Murang'a County took to the streets to protest what they said is an increasing number of wines and spirits joints in the area.
The women carrying twigs and chanting songs attributed the rise of crime and deaths in the region to the consumption of liquor which they said was available in plenty in the region.
The women also said that young men in the region were failing to marry and get children because they had taken to the bottle.
They now want the local administration to revoke the establishments licenses.
- Imageshots fired10 April 2020 - 10:03 am
- Imagehidden agenda?10 April 2020 - 10:07 am
- ImageAnother One10 April 2020 - 9:56 am
- Imagegreenlight10 April 2020 - 9:11 am
- ImagePandemic10 April 2020 - 8:37 am
- Imageangry10 April 2020 - 8:34 am
- Imagesuffering abroad10 April 2020 - 7:13 am
- Imagedo's and donts9 April 2020 - 7:55 pm
- Imageabort mission9 April 2020 - 7:05 pm
- Imagekind9 April 2020 - 6:40 pm
- Imagebedlam9 April 2020 - 6:31 pm
- ImageBeware9 April 2020 - 7:11 pm