Kisumu deputy speaker Pamela Omino Josi is in hospital, nursing injuries sustained after a scuffle ensued at the Kisumu County Assembly, following a disagreement on who was to chair Tuesday's proceedings.
Chaos erupted after some members disrupted proceedings when Josi insisted on taking up the role of acting speaker.
Josi, who claimed to be the right person to take up the position following the impeachment of former speaker Anne Atieno Adul got into a verbal altercation with some MCAs who were in support of Gabriel Ochieng chairing the proceedings.
The argument got physical when Jossi was forcefully removed, allegedly being pushed to the ground by the sergeant at arms.
Wrangles have been witnessed in the assembly over the past weeks, forcing CORD leader Raila Odinga to call for a meeting to try and settle the differences.
- PLAN IN PLACE24 January 2022 - 8:34 pm
- Recognition24 January 2022 - 6:43 pm
- NEW MEMBER24 January 2022 - 6:02 pm
- Response24 January 2022 - 5:44 pm
- exposed24 January 2022 - 5:57 pm
- new orders24 January 2022 - 4:38 pm
- Uplifting24 January 2022 - 5:07 pm
- revealed24 January 2022 - 3:09 pm
- BEST SUITED24 January 2022 - 2:14 pm
- Defiant24 January 2022 - 1:36 pm
- Revolutionaries24 January 2022 - 2:13 pm
- Remarkable24 January 2022 - 1:03 pm