Former Royal Media Journalist Ben Oluoch has won the Orange Democratic Movement senatorial nominations in Migori County.
The former Ramogi FM presenter floored his two rivals Gordon Odhiambo and Michael Ochieng after garnering 68,194 votes in the nomination process that was conducted on Monday.
In the Gubernatorial race, the incumbent governor Okoth Obado was declared the winner of the primaries despite his rival Ochillo Ayacko obtaining a court order seeking to bar the announcement of the results.
Mr Ayacko had earlier approached the Appeals Tribunal claiming that the nominations exercise was not credible, free and fair but, in an unprecedented move, he was also declared winner by a different Returning Officer causing tension in the region.
In Suna East Constituency, ODM Director of Elections Junet Mohamed won the party primaries after garnering 4,688 votes while his closest rival John Pesa got 2,689.
In a surprise turn of events, three returning officers and their deputies from Uriri, Suna West and Awendo constituencies resigned during the counting of the votes. It's not yet clear why the officers opted out of the nominations exercise.
- surrender12 August 2020 - 8:18 pm
- road carnage12 August 2020 - 8:14 pm
- boost12 August 2020 - 7:11 pm
- painful12 August 2020 - 7:10 pm
- no more patience12 August 2020 - 6:41 pm
- all angles12 August 2020 - 6:23 pm
- Nabbed12 August 2020 - 5:56 pm
- big man bazu12 August 2020 - 6:09 pm
- Gikomba Chaos12 August 2020 - 5:33 pm
- pimp my ride12 August 2020 - 4:50 pm
- Strength of a Woman12 August 2020 - 4:57 pm
- loading12 August 2020 - 3:58 pm