A group of professionals from the northern region of Kenya has owned up to funding banditry in their home villages.
The group dubbed, Northern Peace Caravan Thursday, said they have been sending funds by mobile money transfer to their kinsmen to buy ammunition for use in cattle raids but they could not disclose where the bullets were obtained from, The Nation reports.
During a meeting at a hotel in Nairobi attended by National Cohesion and Integration Commission (NCIC) chairman Francis ole Kaparo the group also admitted posting hate messages on social media sites to incite their people to violence.
In a meeting to seek a lasting solution to the ethnic conflicts that have rocked the Northern region the professionals from Turkana, Samburu, Pokot, Turgen, Ilchamus, Borana and Rendille communities, acknowledged that they could not enjoy the fruits of devolution as long as their people are in conflict.
They however vowed to stop inciting their people and work together to end conflict in the northern region.
- changes12 July 2020 - 3:36 pm
- discord12 July 2020 - 2:57 pm
- Mansion Tour12 July 2020 - 2:52 pm
- Go Ahead12 July 2020 - 2:13 pm
- 1+112 July 2020 - 1:59 pm
- big break12 July 2020 - 1:46 pm
- Compensation12 July 2020 - 12:41 pm
- shining12 July 2020 - 12:10 pm
- The Truth12 July 2020 - 12:03 pm
- sad12 July 2020 - 11:32 am
- Differences12 July 2020 - 10:06 am
- heating up12 July 2020 - 9:24 am