A Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) soldier was on Thursday brutally killed in mysterious circumstances in Gilgil, Nakuru County.
The officer who was reported to have been living alone was attacked by unknown gangsters who raided his home before hacking him to death.
The officer in his late 30s is said to have been attacked by the machete-wielding gang that later dragged his body to the roadside.
According to witnesses, the officer had been living in seclusion for some time with the motive of the brutal attack remaining unknown.
The body was later discovered by area residents with multiple cuts, indicating the magnitude of the cruel attack.
"The officer who has been living in this house for some years kept to himself and the heinous murder has left us in fear," a resident said.
An officer involved in the case confirmed the attack stating that a few household goods were also stolen. He noted that investigations had begun to ascertain the cause of the assault.
He further added that KDF officials were cooperating with the police in order to inform the officer's family members.
Contrasting reports, however, claimed that the deceased was a former serviceman. The body was moved to Gilgil mortuary.
- shoking9 March 2021 - 12:39 pm
- Contradict9 March 2021 - 12:47 pm
- Loans9 March 2021 - 11:42 am
- new system9 March 2021 - 10:58 am
- Take Note9 March 2021 - 11:25 am
- duty calls9 March 2021 - 10:38 am
- Setback9 March 2021 - 10:17 am
- nabbed9 March 2021 - 9:51 am
- opposed9 March 2021 - 9:24 am
- payout9 March 2021 - 9:44 am
- Sorted9 March 2021 - 8:45 am
- Congrats9 March 2021 - 8:26 am