This is Kenya's 'Poorest' MP
In an interview conducted by Daily Nation, Irungu admitted that he hated suits and the few he possessed were in no condition to even be worn by his fellow legislators.
Despite having a salary of close to Sh1 Million, the MP is said to possess a phone worth Sh10,000 and loves driving in an old battered Toyota Corolla with a dent on its right side.
During the interview, Irungu reportedly arrived at his office in Murang’a Town wearing a white short-sleeved shirt and black shoes, with no socks where he claimed his lifestyle did not matter.
“I live a simple life. I am a pragmatic guy. I do not like a showy life and extravagance. Surely what value does a big car add in my life? It does not matter if a cat is black or white, as long as it catches mice?”
After being elected in 2013, the lawmaker narrated how he was ejected from the canteen reserved for MPs by guards who thought he was an imposter due to his dressing.
“They thought I was a driver and asked me to come back with my employer, who was supposed to be the MP. I had to produce an ID and wait for it to be verified,” he said.
Irungu is said to have bought a Prado after being accused of embarrassing his constituents but later on abandoned it and gave it to women groups to be used in family functions.
- November 12, 2018 - 7:53 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 8:23 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 7:16 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 6:04 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 6:24 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 5:34 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 5:16 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 4:37 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 3:58 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 3:46 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 2:17 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 1:28 pm