The Government has reportedly taken away a car presented as gift to the late freedom fighter Dedan Kimathi's wife, Mukami Kimathi, by former President Mwai Kibaki.
According to the daughter Evelyne Kimathi, the Toyota Hilux Double Cabin reg. KBU 754 E given to her mother was on Wednesday seized and transferred to the Kinangop sub-county offices.
“Toyota Hilux Double Cabin reg. KBU 754 E is now in the custody of the DC Kinangop Sub county Njabini, ready to be taken to the office of the President tomorrow.” Evelyne said.
In a phone interview, Evelyne revealed to Kenyans.co.ke that she was told that the vehicle was retrieved for purposes of "mechanical repairment" yet according to her, it did not have any major problems.
Evelyne added that she had been directed to present all official documents of the Hilux Double Cabin to the District Commissioner's office.
After taking away the car, Government gave the elderly woman a GK Subaru, a move the family is skeptical about.
“Everyone of us knows very well that a GK vehicle can never be a personal vehicle,” Evelyne stated.
It is reported that Mrs Kimathi had asked the then Vice-President Kalonzo Musyoka to buy her a car, but when Kibaki overheard the conversation, he instructed the then Head of the Public Service Francis Kimemia to buy her the car to facilitate her movements.
- tear-jerking8 July 2020 - 7:14 am
- Hit out7 July 2020 - 8:57 pm
- rip7 July 2020 - 5:36 pm
- outcry7 July 2020 - 6:00 pm
- puzzle7 July 2020 - 5:37 pm
- Courageous7 July 2020 - 6:03 pm
- locked up7 July 2020 - 4:26 pm
- which way?7 July 2020 - 4:01 pm
- Tough Times7 July 2020 - 3:40 pm
- dirty trick7 July 2020 - 3:29 pm
- Fatal7 July 2020 - 3:23 pm
- elegance7 July 2020 - 2:04 pm