A 21 year old student from University of Kabianga in Kericho West is said to have stabbed his girlfriend to death after an argument.
The suspect, Daniel Wanyama allegedly went knocking on his longtime girlfriend's door at around 7 in the morning. After an initial refusal, the victim, Edith Masengele eventually let him in.
The argument that would later ensue between the two would see Wanyama repeatedly stab Masengele with a knife he had hidden in his back pack. She later succumbed to injuries at Kericho District Hospital.
The suspect fled the scene but was caught by campus security who responded to the alarm raised by students. A suicide note found on the suspect, alongside lethal pesticide suggest that Wanyama intended to commit suicide after the heinous crime.
Investigations into the matter are underway.
- Politics13 July 2020 - 7:53 am
- coming up13 July 2020 - 7:39 am
- it's time12 July 2020 - 8:03 pm
- next move?12 July 2020 - 7:28 pm
- Exposed12 July 2020 - 7:18 pm
- power games12 July 2020 - 5:47 pm
- marching band12 July 2020 - 5:33 pm
- Surge12 July 2020 - 5:23 pm
- Trailblazer12 July 2020 - 4:57 pm
- changes12 July 2020 - 3:36 pm
- skilled12 July 2020 - 4:17 pm
- discord12 July 2020 - 2:57 pm