A man was Tuesday arraigned before a Mombasa court for endangering the safety of passengers and an aircraft on April 22.
Mr Shafi Abdullahim while on board the plane at Moi International Airport, at 10.50 am is said to have behaved in a disorderly manner and threatened to blow up the aircraft, which was set to leave for Nairobi at 11.25am.
Through his lawyer Gikandi Ngibuini, Abdullahim has denied attempting to blow up the plane pleading with the Mombasa court to grant him a surety bond with an alternative of cash bail.
Presiding magistrate Irene Ruguru directed that Mr Abdullahim be released on a Ksh 500,000 bond with a surety of a similar amount.
Abdullahim was also taken for a psychological examination.
- Fall Out28 January 2022 - 8:04 pm
- exposed28 January 2022 - 8:10 pm
- respect28 January 2022 - 7:51 pm
- Cancelled28 January 2022 - 7:25 pm
- tough call28 January 2022 - 7:05 pm
- Punitive28 January 2022 - 6:19 pm
- big moves28 January 2022 - 7:03 pm
- Security Matters28 January 2022 - 5:47 pm
- new twist28 January 2022 - 5:20 pm
- Ruto's Call28 January 2022 - 4:45 pm
- turned down28 January 2022 - 4:26 pm
- Debts28 January 2022 - 3:49 pm