According to reports, the constituency's CDF officials organised the protest then tried to woe boda-boda operators who declined to participate unless they were paid.
"The few officials and Kuria sycophants took part in the tyre burning incident but it did not last. Had they paid us, we would not have disappointed them," one of the riders was quoted by the Nation.
A section of the locals noted that it was not an uncommon scene to see the legislator arrested adding that he had not even fulfilled his promises to them.
Another resident identified as Gichana Mukundi stated that: "Kuria committed the offence alone. Let him face the music. He is not a first-time offender”.
Kuria was arrested alongside seven other politicians from the CORD and Jubilee coalitions over inflammatory statements.
The eight alleged hatemongers were on Friday morning arraigned at the Milimani Law Courts and were set to be charged.arrest assassin
- Bet & Win1 December 2021 - 6:15 pm
- HOLIDAY1 December 2021 - 6:33 pm
- ELEVATED1 December 2021 - 7:16 pm
- Puzzling1 December 2021 - 5:14 pm
- Gloves off1 December 2021 - 4:32 pm
- DIFFERS1 December 2021 - 4:46 pm
- Billionaires1 December 2021 - 4:12 pm
- BLASTED1 December 2021 - 4:37 pm
- Heartwarming1 December 2021 - 3:04 pm
- Blocked1 December 2021 - 2:56 pm
- Remarkable1 December 2021 - 2:07 pm
- Rough Patch1 December 2021 - 12:51 pm