According to reports, the constituency's CDF officials organised the protest then tried to woe boda-boda operators who declined to participate unless they were paid.
"The few officials and Kuria sycophants took part in the tyre burning incident but it did not last. Had they paid us, we would not have disappointed them," one of the riders was quoted by the Nation.
A section of the locals noted that it was not an uncommon scene to see the legislator arrested adding that he had not even fulfilled his promises to them.
Another resident identified as Gichana Mukundi stated that: "Kuria committed the offence alone. Let him face the music. He is not a first-time offender”.
Kuria was arrested alongside seven other politicians from the CORD and Jubilee coalitions over inflammatory statements.
The eight alleged hatemongers were on Friday morning arraigned at the Milimani Law Courts and were set to be charged.
- REPRIEVE3 August 2021 - 8:30 pm
- Stand Down3 August 2021 - 8:09 pm
- 3 August 2021 - 6:47 pm
- warning3 August 2021 - 7:30 pm
- Snubbed3 August 2021 - 7:29 pm
- Take Note3 August 2021 - 7:29 pm
- Take Note3 August 2021 - 7:57 pm
- TREAT3 August 2021 - 4:52 pm
- Power play3 August 2021 - 4:30 pm
- New Ways3 August 2021 - 4:46 pm
- Dire3 August 2021 - 5:41 pm
- Apprehended3 August 2021 - 2:49 pm