Amani National Congress (ANC) leader Musalia Mudavadi on Thursday went on an uncharacteristic attack on Deputy President William Ruto, accusing him of being drunk with power.
Mudavadi alleged that Ruto was the number one enemy of devolution, and threatened to lobby for the DP’s impeachment.
In a break from his calm and diplomatic statements, the former presidential candidate stated that he was willing to defend the devolved system of government "to the last drop of his blood".
He claimed that the DP’s pronouncements suggesting that the headquarter for Tharaka Nithi was in Chuka was proof that Ruto was the main architect of the alleged conspiracy to defeat devolution.
"He may endure the wrong illusion of immunity when drunk with power. But the long arm of the law is unforgiving of those who willingly abuse power. It catches up with the most powerful. Executive fiat is no license to lie while in power," read part of the statement from the ANC party leader.
He added: "He knows neither the national nor county governments have power to unilaterally decide where a county headquarter should be situated. That power is retained by the people yet he comes here purporting to issue a directive on where the headquarters should be."
Mudavadi has been one of the proponents of a united opposition as an alternative to the Jubilee coalition that is headed by President Uhuru Kenyatta.abuse drunk
- Eulogise6 October 2022 - 8:13 pm
- Ultimatum6 October 2022 - 8:23 pm
- how it happened6 October 2022 - 7:58 pm
- Reprieve6 October 2022 - 7:51 pm
- Changes6 October 2022 - 7:18 pm
- His Take6 October 2022 - 8:13 pm
- Sad6 October 2022 - 7:46 pm
- On The Spot6 October 2022 - 8:18 pm
- Tricks6 October 2022 - 6:34 pm
- Order!6 October 2022 - 6:08 pm
- Fistfight6 October 2022 - 5:32 pm
- Direction6 October 2022 - 5:15 pm