Lamu residents have been cautioned against carrying pangas out in public, this coming as a directive from the County Commissioner.
Fredrick Ndambuki, Lamu County Commissioner, said that those found walking around with knives or pangas would be arrested and charged.
Ndambuki issued the ban after a panga-carrying gang murdered two men in Lamu and Mbwajumwali.
The County Commissioner asked residents not to solve their conflicts amongst themselves, instead they should contact the relevant authorities.
Ndambuki also ordered police officers in the region to conduct thorough searches in Lamu East, where the murders occured frequently.
“Our children are killing each other like chicken. I don’t want to believe that we are raising murderers but even then, we must do something to change this generation from ending up down the drain. We must work with the police,” he said.child murder arrest
- Made Different18 September 2021 - 6:55 pm
- CELEBRATORY18 September 2021 - 7:01 pm
- Head On18 September 2021 - 6:21 pm
- congratulations18 September 2021 - 4:01 pm
- Truth Bombs18 September 2021 - 3:55 pm
- Time Schedule18 September 2021 - 3:36 pm
- OPERATION18 September 2021 - 4:46 pm
- Sad incident18 September 2021 - 2:59 pm
- TITHING DIFFERENTLY18 September 2021 - 3:28 pm
- details18 September 2021 - 2:08 pm
- Posh living18 September 2021 - 1:24 pm
- Piece of advice18 September 2021 - 1:57 pm