The National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA) has warned the public against boarding matatus operating under three Sacco's that have since been suspended.
On Wednesday, NTSA suspended Indimanje Sacco whose matatus ply the Nairobi-Industrial Area and Imara Daima routes, Rengcom Communications Ltd and Tahir Sheikh Said Transporters Ltd (TSS) which carry passengers between Mombasa and Western regions through Nairobi.
In a press statement, the Authority cautioned the public against using the vehicles citing withdrawal of their Sacco licenses for failure to comply with set rules.
“Reports from our Vehicle Inspection Unit indicate that the accidents were caused by failure of the listed operators to comply with the provisions of the licences issued to them,” read the statement in part.
Both TSS and RengCom night licenses were suspended while Indimanje's operator license was withdrawn indefinitely.
NTSA promised to maintain the ban imposed on the three Saccos, until they fully showed evidence of compliance to the licensing requirements as provided in the Gazette notice number 23 of 2014.
- Imagerebuke1 April 2020 - 10:30 am
- Imagebrighter days1 April 2020 - 10:21 am
- Imageexposed1 April 2020 - 9:51 am
- ImageCovid-191 April 2020 - 9:32 am
- Imageunfortunate1 April 2020 - 9:16 am
- Imageheartbreaking1 April 2020 - 8:38 am
- Imagenick of time1 April 2020 - 7:58 am
- ImageMy Take1 April 2020 - 7:33 am
- Imageintervention1 April 2020 - 7:50 am
- Imagesecond chance31 March 2020 - 8:37 pm
- Imageon the radar1 April 2020 - 7:27 am
- Imagelifeline31 March 2020 - 7:18 pm