Mike Sonko reached out to Nasieki after hearing the touching story on how the woman had been struggling to bring up her family amid unfortunate circumstances.
The Nairobi Senator shared the story of Nasieki on his Facebook page on Sunday, noting that he still did not know how to help her alongside her one and half year old child.
Nasieki only owns a wheelbarrow which she uses to hawk sweet potatoes, to help her raise Sh30 for her daily house fee and put a meal on the table.
On Monday, the flamboyant Senator invited Hellen, her daughter Christine and the Good Samaritan Ndung'u Nyoro who brought the matter to his attention, for a lunch meeting at his office.
Sonko requested Nasieki to allow him adopt her daughter Christine and to employ her (Nasieki) as his home assistant.
He also paid her rent for the next one year, and fully stocked her business with both his money and the cash raised through Ndung'u Nyoro's friends.
“ I also bought household items for her including blankets, mattresses, utensils, and other food stuff so as to assist her start her new life,” said Sonko through a Facebook post.
Last year, Sonko took in baby Satrin Osinya and his brother Gift after a successful operation to remove a bullet that was lodged in Osinya's head. He added that he did not intend to separate the boys from their father but find a way to assist their family.child
- New directive16 September 2021 - 7:48 pm
- Freedom16 September 2021 - 8:01 pm
- Scammed16 September 2021 - 7:38 pm
- Fury16 September 2021 - 7:29 pm
- Clapback16 September 2021 - 7:29 pm
- OPPORTUNITY16 September 2021 - 6:26 pm
- Central Role16 September 2021 - 6:25 pm
- unfortunate16 September 2021 - 5:41 pm
- Kind-Hearted16 September 2021 - 5:27 pm
- Remarkable16 September 2021 - 5:51 pm
- Disrupted16 September 2021 - 4:38 pm
- long arm of law16 September 2021 - 4:45 pm