The Music Copyright Society of Kenya (MCSK) has unveiled artists who earned the most in 2015 following royalty collections from the various outlets.
According to MCSK accounts 2015, artist who earned the most in the broadcast category (radio and television) were: R-kay, Tamasha Corporation, Angela Chibalonza, Gloria Muliro, Rose Muhando, Sarah K, Dennis Mutara, De Mathew, Les Wanyika, Mercy Linah and Paul Mwai.
In another category titled Performance in Public places, the top ten paid musicians were; Diamond Platnumz, SautiSol, Christina Shusho, Bahati, Lady Wanja- The Kenyan Lady, Rose Muhando, Willy Paul, Mum Cherop, H_ART THE BAND, and Gloria Muliro.
The revelations come at a time when a section of artists have raised complains concerning their money collected by MCSK citing corruption at the organisation .
Popular band Elani uploaded a youtube video dubbed #ElaniSpeaks exposing the unscrupulous dealings at the Society.
In the video, Elani revealed that they had received only Sh 31,000 in 2014 even after releasing hit songs in the same year. They further indicated that after questioning the society they were given an additional Sh300,000, a mystery they did not understand.
Read Also: Judge Ian Strong Message to Kenyan Artists
Here are the graphics courtesy of NTV:
- Imageshots fired10 April 2020 - 10:03 am
- Imagehidden agenda?10 April 2020 - 10:07 am
- ImageAnother One10 April 2020 - 9:56 am
- Imagegreenlight10 April 2020 - 9:11 am
- ImagePandemic10 April 2020 - 8:37 am
- Imageangry10 April 2020 - 8:34 am
- Imagesuffering abroad10 April 2020 - 7:13 am
- Imagedo's and donts9 April 2020 - 7:55 pm
- Imageabort mission9 April 2020 - 7:05 pm
- Imagekind9 April 2020 - 6:40 pm
- Imagebedlam9 April 2020 - 6:31 pm
- ImageBeware9 April 2020 - 7:11 pm