Police Deployed at Maseno School After Students Hold Protest Over Principal Paul Otula's Interdiction
Police officers were Wednesday morning deployed at Maseno School after students went on a rampage protesting against the interdiction of their Principal, Mr Paul Otula.
The angry learners boycotted the morning classes demanding Mr Otula, who has reportedly been replaced by Homa Bay High School Principal Andrew Buop, be reinstated.
The Principal was dismissed following an incident where a Form One student was allegedly sodomised by senior students.
According to the 16-year-old, he was sexually molested by a school captain together with two other students in January.
"Not only was the boy beaten, but he was also sodomised. We took him to Maseno Mission Hospital where he was treated before reporting to Maseno Police Station on January 24. I have all the documents," his guardian disclosed.
Police are at the school's compound to quell the unrest which saw a journalist attacked and his camera destroyed.
Here are the photos:
- 23 October 2019 - 9:39 pm
- 23 October 2019 - 9:22 pm
- 23 October 2019 - 8:39 pm
- 23 October 2019 - 7:55 pm
- 23 October 2019 - 7:47 pm
- 23 October 2019 - 7:56 pm
- 23 October 2019 - 7:32 pm
- 23 October 2019 - 7:29 pm
- 23 October 2019 - 7:34 pm
- 23 October 2019 - 6:54 pm
- 23 October 2019 - 6:23 pm
- 23 October 2019 - 5:43 pm