Police officers were Wednesday morning deployed at Maseno School after students went on a rampage protesting against the interdiction of their Principal, Mr Paul Otula.
The angry learners boycotted the morning classes demanding Mr Otula, who has reportedly been replaced by Homa Bay High School Principal Andrew Buop, be reinstated.
The Principal was dismissed following an incident where a Form One student was allegedly sodomised by senior students.
According to the 16-year-old, he was sexually molested by a school captain together with two other students in January.
"Not only was the boy beaten, but he was also sodomised. We took him to Maseno Mission Hospital where he was treated before reporting to Maseno Police Station on January 24. I have all the documents," his guardian disclosed.
Police are at the school's compound to quell the unrest which saw a journalist attacked and his camera destroyed.
Here are the photos:
- not yet uhuru6 June 2020 - 6:02 pm
- get ready6 June 2020 - 5:20 pm
- full speech6 June 2020 - 4:13 pm
- Gradual6 June 2020 - 4:15 pm
- Not yet over6 June 2020 - 3:47 pm
- free to move6 June 2020 - 3:37 pm
- Anxious6 June 2020 - 2:40 pm
- smart leader6 June 2020 - 2:56 pm
- unfortunate6 June 2020 - 2:30 pm
- Soaring6 June 2020 - 3:28 pm
- honour6 June 2020 - 2:10 pm
- Insider6 June 2020 - 1:55 pm