A police station is set to be put up at Moi University as a cautionary measure after the 2nd April attack at Garissa University College which left 148 people dead.
The move was approved after consultations between vice chancellor Richard Mibei and Uasin Gishu county commissioner Abdi Hassan.
About 700 students and staff from Garissa Univeristy College which was indefinitely shut down after the attack by Al Sahbaab are also set to join Moi University.
Tight security measures have been set up in the campus and surrounding areas. This comes after students in the main campus complaining of insecurity especially after a female student was raped and killed.
Both student and staff are in support of the police station set up plans, as well as the security measures already employed including deployment of police and intelligence officers to the area.
- Approved13 July 2020 - 8:29 am
- saved13 July 2020 - 8:19 am
- Politics13 July 2020 - 7:53 am
- coming up13 July 2020 - 7:39 am
- it's time12 July 2020 - 8:03 pm
- next move?12 July 2020 - 7:28 pm
- Exposed12 July 2020 - 7:18 pm
- power games12 July 2020 - 5:47 pm
- marching band12 July 2020 - 5:33 pm
- Surge12 July 2020 - 5:23 pm
- Trailblazer12 July 2020 - 4:57 pm
- changes12 July 2020 - 3:36 pm