Politician Found Unconscious in Forest
Bethwel Mwambu, representative of Mbakalu Ward (in Tongaren Constituency), was on Wednesday discovered by a bodaboda operator lying unconcious near the forest.
The boda boda operator and a group of locals came to the MCA's rescue, rushing him to Lumboka Hospital in Bungoma town where he is recovering.
According to a report by the Star, medics at the hospital indicated that Mr Mwambu was drugged as he had no physical injuries.
Mwambu's abduction sparked an uproar in his area with locals leading a demonstration demanding for improvement in security.
The MCA, who is also the Majority Chief Whip in the Bungoma County Assembly, was abducted Tuesday night at his home by men allegedly dressed in police uniform.
According to the MCA's driver, the abductors who were riding on motorbikes, followed them for about 5 kilometres as they were heading home. While at Mwambu's gate, they jumped from their bikes, dragged him (driver) from the wheels and drove off with his boss.
Leaders from the county including Governor Ken Lusaka, condemned the abduction, attributing it to political malice against the outspoken leader.
- October 23, 2018 - 3:39 pm
- October 23, 2018 - 3:29 pm
- October 23, 2018 - 1:31 pm
- October 23, 2018 - 1:02 pm
- October 23, 2018 - 12:43 pm
- October 23, 2018 - 11:18 am
- October 23, 2018 - 10:45 am
- October 23, 2018 - 10:40 am
- October 23, 2018 - 10:15 am
- October 23, 2018 - 10:49 am
- October 23, 2018 - 10:03 am
- October 23, 2018 - 9:34 am