The incident which occurred on Saturday morning, sparked outrage from residents who threatened to torch the vehicle which they claim had been over speeding before knocking over the woman.
The Senator however came to the defense of the driver and stated that the woman walked into the road abruptly giving the driver little time to stop.
“The lady suddenly walked into the road at Nabkoi junction and my driver was unable to control the vehicle thus knocking her down,” said Dr Khalwale.
In a message on twitter, Dr Khalwale sent his condolences to the family of the deceased and affirmed that his driver was also recording a statement at the police station.
The Senator who was on his way to a political rally in Kitale, said he would attend to the matter after the rally but his car, a Toyota Prado VX, had been detained at the police station.
Eldoret East Police boss Nelson Taliti said investigations into the accident have been launched.
- Ill-Fated5 July 2020 - 1:01 pm
- busted5 July 2020 - 12:40 pm
- A-Team5 July 2020 - 12:24 pm
- Tragic5 July 2020 - 12:14 pm
- Outsmarted5 July 2020 - 12:10 pm
- latest5 July 2020 - 11:57 am
- Hit Back5 July 2020 - 11:18 am
- gifted5 July 2020 - 10:20 am
- Baptism By Fire5 July 2020 - 10:29 am
- Lucrative5 July 2020 - 9:20 am
- desperate5 July 2020 - 9:06 am
- Overlooked5 July 2020 - 8:59 am