Kenya power will spend Sh130 million in lighting up streets and venues in Nyeri town.
According to Kenya power managing Director Ben Chumo they will ensure the streets and venues are well lit during the beatification of Catholic nun, Irene Stephanie Nyaatha.
Chumo has assured of standby generators in case the town is hit by power outage The Nation reports.
The beatification ceremony of sister Nyaatha who came to Kenya in 1915 and settled at Gikondi Village, Mukurwe-ini, takes place for three days from today afternoon.
- On the Spot19 January 2021 - 7:59 pm
- Not Here19 January 2021 - 7:15 pm
- Covid-19 Update19 January 2021 - 6:45 pm
- healthcare boost19 January 2021 - 6:19 pm
- new beginnings19 January 2021 - 5:57 pm
- Backlash19 January 2021 - 6:12 pm
- behind bars19 January 2021 - 5:20 pm
- trouble19 January 2021 - 4:42 pm
- On the Spot19 January 2021 - 4:41 pm
- kind hearted19 January 2021 - 3:59 pm
- Relentless19 January 2021 - 3:00 pm
- Beware19 January 2021 - 3:18 pm