The Kiambu businessman shot dead in Ruiru allegedly ran a cartel that poached wildlife and sold trophies, a new report indicates.
Muchina Kariuki, who was killed by men in a Probox on Thursday, was last year featured in a report by the Standard, which indicated that the deceased had links with suspected ivory smugglers.
His cartel is said to have been killing rhinos and elephants in Kenya's game reserves with a network stretching to Tanzania and Uganda.
According to a report by the Star, the 50-year-old owned petrol stations in Sagana and Kerugoya besides other investments in Kirinyaga and Nyeri town.
Kariuki is also said to have purchased several parcels of land in different places.
Statistics show that Kenya lost over 100 elephant at Tsavo National Park alone.dead killed suspect
- Final Verdict26 September 2022 - 3:53 pm
- Solutions26 September 2022 - 3:48 pm
- Take Note26 September 2022 - 3:00 pm
- Insecurity26 September 2022 - 2:49 pm
- Inspiring26 September 2022 - 2:32 pm
- chaos26 September 2022 - 12:13 pm
- New Responsibility26 September 2022 - 12:17 pm
- Remarkable26 September 2022 - 1:56 pm
- Reprieve26 September 2022 - 11:30 am
- The Truth26 September 2022 - 10:48 am
- Directive26 September 2022 - 10:21 am
- tragedy26 September 2022 - 8:34 am