Nairobi Senator Mike 'Sonko' Mbuvi has confirmed that he will be opening a Dubai branch for his Sonko Rescue Team.
“Due to high demand of Kenyans requiring rescue mission in Middle East I'm planning to open an Office for Sonko Rescue Team Diaspora People,” he confirmed on his Facebook page.
This follows reports of Kenyans being mistreated by their employers in the Middle East with the most recent case being that of 130 girls stranded in Saudi Arabia.
Last week kenyans put the government under immense pressure to rescue the girls who were stuck at a detention centre in Saudi Arabia. The girls who travelled to the Middlle East as domestic workers were reportedly subjected to deplorable living conditions.
Some Kenyans however are said to be serving jail terms for various crimes in the Arabia.
Sonko Rescue Team is an initiative started by the flamboyant Nairobi Senator that offers various charity services to troubled Kenyans. Sonko's critics however see it as a strategic publicity stand since Mbuvi is eyeing the Capital's Governorship seat in the next elections.
The Senator made the announcement at the back of his family holiday trip in Dubai. He also shared a footage of 'Baby Osinya' whom he took with him, having a good time with the rest of his family.
Posted by Mike Sonko. on Thursday, August 27, 2015
- dead end22 October 2020 - 2:45 pm
- level up22 October 2020 - 2:34 pm
- Heartwarming22 October 2020 - 2:25 pm
- in large numbers22 October 2020 - 1:57 pm
- Old is gold22 October 2020 - 1:32 pm
- U-Turn22 October 2020 - 2:09 pm
- mearge22 October 2020 - 1:13 pm
- balling22 October 2020 - 12:50 pm
- Blunder22 October 2020 - 11:26 am
- dire situation22 October 2020 - 11:51 am
- unfortunate22 October 2020 - 11:01 am
- Nabbed22 October 2020 - 10:48 am