The student, Wycliff Ouma Ochieng, alleged that the militia was to help the former Prime Minister overthrow the government come 2017 if he failed to win the presidency.
Ochieng is said to have told the police in February that the militia group, which was to help Odinga, was being funded by former South Sudan rebel leader Riek Machar, now Vice President.
According to Ochieng, Nairobi ODM chairperson George Aladwa was in charge of recruiting youths across the country for the militia training in readiness for 2017.
He made the allegations at the Lang'ata Directorate of Criminal Investigations office in Nairobi County.
Ochieng, who said that he had already been recruited, was appearing before a Nairobi law court facing charges of giving police false information.
He did not take a plea after presiding Senior Principal Magistrate Joyce Oluoch ordered that the accused be taken for a mental test.
Ochieng also faced a second count of giving false information to the police after he alleged that he was part of students and staff planning to assassinate University of Nairobi Vice Chancellor Peter Mbithi.
The accused was denied bail, hence, remanded at the Kilimani Police Station until Thursday.assassin
- Eulogise6 October 2022 - 8:13 pm
- Ultimatum6 October 2022 - 8:23 pm
- how it happened6 October 2022 - 7:58 pm
- Reprieve6 October 2022 - 7:51 pm
- Changes6 October 2022 - 7:18 pm
- His Take6 October 2022 - 8:13 pm
- Sad6 October 2022 - 7:46 pm
- On The Spot6 October 2022 - 8:18 pm
- Tricks6 October 2022 - 6:34 pm
- Order!6 October 2022 - 6:08 pm
- Fistfight6 October 2022 - 5:32 pm
- Direction6 October 2022 - 5:15 pm