Former Devolution Cabinet Secretary Ann Waiguru created a storm while being grilled by the Parliamentary Investments Committee (PIC) at the parliament buildings in Nairobi.
Ms Waiguru was outraged by the committee accusing them of making queries to satisfy the media rather than seeking genuine answers.
“I don't think there is a link between the loss of Sh180 million and this particular board member or a particular board unless we are doing it for the media,” retorted Waiguru.
The statements angered the Adan Keynan led committee forcing the former CS to withdraw her statements and apologize.
Waiguru was summoned by the Committee to explain why she failed to avert the scam that led to the loss of huge sums of money at the Youth Enterprise Development Fund (YEDF), to a no-existent ICT company.
Former Devolution PS Peter Mangiti told the committee earlier in the week that he briefed Waiguru of the corrupt deal but she failed to act.
The former CS denied ever receiving any brief from Mangiti with regard to the lost Sh180 million in youth fund.
PIC is investigating the loss of Sh180 Million allegedly swindled by senior officers at the Youth Fund under the watch of former CS Waiguru.
- costly mistake4 August 2020 - 7:51 am
- what happened4 August 2020 - 7:31 am
- Crackdown4 August 2020 - 7:03 am
- Covid-19 effects3 August 2020 - 7:57 pm
- R.I.P3 August 2020 - 7:34 pm
- Insider3 August 2020 - 7:03 pm
- Chaos3 August 2020 - 5:27 pm
- Amazing3 August 2020 - 4:52 pm
- Shattering Ceilings3 August 2020 - 4:13 pm
- Condition3 August 2020 - 2:51 pm
- Alert3 August 2020 - 2:38 pm
- Tough Times3 August 2020 - 3:16 pm