Determination has been known to lead people into doing strange things. Some stranger than others- a court would learn as a suspect was arraigned for having jumped over a perimeter fence into Nairobi's state house.
Mathew Maina was charged with having illegally accessed a restricted area.
He pleaded guilty to one count of trespassing State House saying that he wanted to see President Uhuru Kenyatta.
Miana who said he was a school dropout claimed that he wanted financial assistance from the president to record music, Radio Jambo reports.
The suspect could however not be charged as he claimed to be 16 years old.
The court magistrate ordered that Maina be taken to Kenyatta National Hospital for tests to assess his age.
Kenyan hip hop artist Rabbit- Kaka Sungura has come to the rescue of the aspiring artist.
Through a post on instagram, Rabbit has promised to sign Maina to his label and see to it that he records his music.
Hey saw the news yesterday. This boy jumped over state house to tell the president he wants to record songs but hana hela. He was arrested and prosecuted . I am willing to help the state solve one problem, let the country deal with the hospital conditions, the poor police pay, the unemployment, the bad roads, the corruption. I will make sure he records. Kaka Empire pamoja na Pacho are willing to do that. Ama since ako kwa custody ya government, please hand him over.
A photo posted by King Kaka (@thekingkaka) on
Jun 24, 2015 at 1:38am PDT
- Almost normal1 June 2020 - 2:54 pm
- past lessons1 June 2020 - 2:32 pm
- extra-judicial1 June 2020 - 2:08 pm
- Score card1 June 2020 - 1:50 pm
- here's Why1 June 2020 - 1:06 pm
- Spotted1 June 2020 - 12:09 pm
- in person1 June 2020 - 12:04 pm
- Punishment1 June 2020 - 11:37 am
- Anticipations1 June 2020 - 11:38 am
- still got it1 June 2020 - 11:21 am
- Insider1 June 2020 - 9:57 am
- hard pass1 June 2020 - 9:24 am