2 men have been sentenced to life imprisonment after they were found guilty of retention, possesion and dealing with wildlife trophies.
Taipukel Kuyoni and Munyau Nzusyo were sentenced at a Narok Court.
Alternative to the imprisonment, they were given the option to pay a fine of Sh20 million for each offence.
Kuyoni was found guilty of all the charges while Nzusyo was found guilty of the last two offences.
The Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions (ODPP) confirmed the convictions through their twitter page.
The ruling comes even as the government continues to be pushed to exercise stiffer penalties on those found guilty of poaching or handling poached trophies.
- Revealed20 June 2021 - 5:58 pm
- On the verge20 June 2021 - 5:54 pm
- Heartwarming20 June 2021 - 5:58 pm
- Revealed20 June 2021 - 4:04 pm
- Tables Turn20 June 2021 - 2:21 pm
- Father's Love20 June 2021 - 1:13 pm
- Rescue Mission20 June 2021 - 12:48 pm
- high politics20 June 2021 - 11:40 am
- About Time20 June 2021 - 12:05 pm
- On the Spot20 June 2021 - 12:07 pm
- Revealed20 June 2021 - 9:20 am
- Pay Up20 June 2021 - 8:04 am