Mike Sonko Skips Nairobi Governor Candidates Debate at Crowne Plaza
Nairobi governorship aspirant Mike Sonko's running mate, Polycarp Igathe was on Thursday morning blocked from representing Sonko in a debate for the City Governor candidates.
It is not yet clear why Sonko did not show up but he sent his running mate Igathe to represent him.
Igathe was, however, frozen out of the event after organisers insisted the event was strictly meant for governorship aspirants.
During the debate, all the aspirants articulated how they would tackle various issues affecting Nairobi County including dealing with corruption and streamlining systems at City Hall.
The candidates were put to task on their vision for Nairobi and were probed on the details of their manifestos.
The debate, which is the first for Nairobi gubernatorial candidates, focused on Infrastructure, Legal and Regulatory Issues, Housing, Trade Development, Security, Environment and Physical Planning.
It was organised by the Kenya Association of Manufacturers (KAM) in partnership with Kenya Alliance of Residents Association (KARA).
Former Gatanga MP Peter Kenneth also skipped the debate under unclear circumstances.
- October 23, 2018 - 3:39 pm
- October 23, 2018 - 3:29 pm
- October 23, 2018 - 1:31 pm
- October 23, 2018 - 1:02 pm
- October 23, 2018 - 12:43 pm
- October 23, 2018 - 11:18 am
- October 23, 2018 - 10:45 am
- October 23, 2018 - 10:40 am
- October 23, 2018 - 10:15 am
- October 23, 2018 - 10:49 am
- October 23, 2018 - 10:03 am
- October 23, 2018 - 9:34 am