The steering committee in charge of organizing the 2017 Presidential debate has announced the journalists who will moderate the contest.
The debate set to be held at the Catholic University of East Africa (CUEA) will be hosted by three journalists namely; Yvonne Okwara (KTN) Joe Ageyo (KTN)and Linus Kaikai of NTV.
Okwara is a top news anchor at KTN and she also hosts a segment where she conducts interviews mainly delving into political issues.
Mr Ageyo is the Managing Editor at KTN and has recently been hosting gubernatorial debates in different counties. So far he has hosted Nairobi and Kisumu County debates.
Kaikai is the Managing Editor at NTV. He is also the host of the Nation Media Group Leadership Forum that discusses different topical issues ahead of the elections.
The Presidential debate is scheduled to take place on Monday, July 24 whereas the running mates debate will be on July 17.
Eight presidential candidates are expected to square it out in the debate that will be aired live on all the top media houses in Kenya.
Nonetheless, it's not clear whether President Uhuru Kenyatta and Opposition leader Raila Odinga will attend the event as they had announced they were not comfortable with the debate format.
- new Appointment27 September 2022 - 6:09 pm
- Not Picked27 September 2022 - 6:03 pm
- Changing Faces27 September 2022 - 7:38 pm
- Unfulfilled27 September 2022 - 6:51 pm
- Lucky ones27 September 2022 - 6:36 pm
- Awarded27 September 2022 - 5:21 pm
- On the spot27 September 2022 - 4:38 pm
- Powerful27 September 2022 - 4:30 pm
- role27 September 2022 - 4:34 pm
- Trend27 September 2022 - 7:23 pm
- Revealed27 September 2022 - 5:00 pm
- Working state27 September 2022 - 4:21 pm