Nyeri Law Society of Kenya (LSK) Vice Chairman Muthui Kimani has allegedly committed suicide.
Mr Kimani's body was found dangling from a rafter in an empty rental house at Kigongo Estate in Nyeri County.
"The residential plot is his property. He had come for normal visits and entered one room which was vacant,” a resident, who sought anonymity stated.
Nyeri Police Commander Muinde Kioko confirmed the incident stating that Kimani was found hanging on a new sisal rope.
Police officers who arrived at the scene carried the deceased's body to the Mathari Mission Hospital Mortuary.
Mr Kioko said a post-mortem would be conducted to establish the cause of his death.
Kimani was a High Court Advocate handling criminal, civil and succession cases within the Mt Kenya region and beyond.
Nyeri LSK Chairman Wahome Gikonyo expressed grief over the incident terming it as a big loss to the legal fraternity.
Gikonyo noted that the deceased was in charge of enforcing regulations in the legal profession and was known for bursting fake lawyers in the region.criminal death suicide
- new Appointment27 September 2022 - 6:09 pm
- Not Picked27 September 2022 - 6:03 pm
- Changing Faces27 September 2022 - 7:38 pm
- Unfulfilled27 September 2022 - 6:51 pm
- Lucky ones27 September 2022 - 6:36 pm
- Awarded27 September 2022 - 5:21 pm
- On the spot27 September 2022 - 4:38 pm
- Powerful27 September 2022 - 4:30 pm
- role27 September 2022 - 4:34 pm
- Trend27 September 2022 - 7:23 pm
- Revealed27 September 2022 - 5:00 pm
- Working state27 September 2022 - 4:21 pm