IEBC Replaces Presiding Officers in Embakasi East, Kasarani and Westlands
The Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) has fired four officials among them three presiding officers as the voting exercise continues across the country.
Chairman Wafula Chebukati confirmed the IEBC had sent packing presiding officers in Embakasi East, Kasarani and Westlands over delays that left voters stranded in the areas.
Also replaced is a clerk in Imara Daima who stamped ballot papers issued to voters as rejected sparking an uproar on social media.
[caption caption="One of the ballots stamped as rejected"][/caption]
In this year's election, IEBC declared that all voters should ensure the ballot papers they are issued with are duly stamped.
CEO Ezra Chiloba had stated that any unstamped ballot papers that are cast will be considered as invalid.
Speaking at the Bomas of Kenya on Tuesday morning, Chebukati stated that heavy rains in Turkana, Samburu and Baringo counties have hampered transportation of voting materials but the commission is using alternative means to deliver them.
“We are aware identification in some cases took longer than expected. Wajir, Isiolo, Eldas, Fafi, Dadaab and Nyamira experienced some technical hitches which have since been resolved.
- 15 November 2019 - 3:51 pm
- 15 November 2019 - 4:01 pm
- 15 November 2019 - 2:30 pm
- 15 November 2019 - 3:29 pm
- 15 November 2019 - 2:32 pm
- 15 November 2019 - 3:18 pm
- 15 November 2019 - 3:00 pm
- 15 November 2019 - 1:57 pm
- 15 November 2019 - 1:34 pm
- 15 November 2019 - 1:11 pm
- 15 November 2019 - 1:04 pm
- 15 November 2019 - 12:41 pm