Kabete Member of Parliament (MP) Ferdinand Waititu Babayao is now the Kiambu Governor-elect.
In a landslide victory, Waititu has floored the incumbent, William Kabogo, after garnering 716,336 votes against Kabogo's 192,045 votes.
Independent candidate James Njuguna emerged third with 3972 votes followed by Gakuru Kanyanja of the Maendeleo Chap Chap Party who got 3,574 votes.
During the party nominations in April, Waititu defeated Kabogo by a wide margin after securing 353,604 votes, while Kabogo got 69,916 votes.
Governor Kabogo would later announce he would vie as an independent candidate, blaming his loss on powerful forces within the Jubilee Party.
Meanwhile, the Governor is yet to concede huge loss in yesterday's election.
- His Stance17 August 2022 - 6:17 pm
- Daring17 August 2022 - 5:45 pm
- Take Note17 August 2022 - 5:09 pm
- statement17 August 2022 - 4:52 pm
- Message17 August 2022 - 3:46 pm
- Viral17 August 2022 - 4:05 pm
- ADVICE17 August 2022 - 3:31 pm
- Clarified17 August 2022 - 3:39 pm
- Community Building17 August 2022 - 3:15 pm
- Nomination17 August 2022 - 2:03 pm
- Unconstitutional17 August 2022 - 1:52 pm
- Feel Free17 August 2022 - 1:19 pm