A family in Mombasa County has been left in mourning after two siblings drowned while swimming in the Indian Ocean.
The two, who are students aged 13 and 16, were swimming at Mtwapa creek when they drowned.
Authorities have reported that the search for the bodies is ongoing.
Earlier on, there was a scare when the launched Mtongwe Ferry's pontoon was swept away by strong waves at the Indian Ocean.
The pontoon (a flotation device) is said to have been carried away after its two pillars were swept by heavy tides.
"No one was injured during the midnight incident. At the moment, operations at the mainland will proceed but the Bandari side will remain closed for few days, Kenya Ferry Services (KFS) Managing Director Bakari Gowa stated.
"KFS has already deployed a team of engineers to work on the damaged pontoon so that operations resume," he added.
Gowa highlighted that users of the ferry were redirected to use the Likoni channel.
- New changes27 November 2022 - 8:06 pm
- Crime27 November 2022 - 7:52 pm
- Stunning27 November 2022 - 7:09 pm
- New tact27 November 2022 - 6:02 pm
- Strategy27 November 2022 - 6:18 pm
- Parenting27 November 2022 - 6:39 pm
- Come Back27 November 2022 - 5:25 pm
- Soft Life27 November 2022 - 4:57 pm
- Elections27 November 2022 - 4:38 pm
- New Lease of Life27 November 2022 - 3:59 pm
- Strong together27 November 2022 - 3:00 pm
- Talented27 November 2022 - 4:00 pm