Harambee Stars goalkeeper Arnold Origi has renounced Kenya's citizenship for Norwegian citizenship.
Origi moved to Norway in 2007 where he has featured for four different clubs before recently successfully applying for Norwegian Citizenship.
Since Norway does not allow dual citizenship, this simply means Origi can no longer represent Kenya and has subsequently lost his No.1 spot as Kenya's goalkeeper
Federation of Kenyan Football (FKF) CEO Robert Muthomi confirmed Origi's exit saying he had been struck off the team list and will not be eligible for selection.
The Lillestrom SK goalkeeper has for a while been Kenya's undisputed keeper and his agility was widely appreciated by soccer fans.
[caption caption="Arnold Origi"][/caption]
His successful application means he will not feature for Kenya in the forthcoming friendly matches against Mozambique, Mauritania and Togo despite receiving a call-up.
- Heart-Touching19 August 2022 - 11:50 am
- Clarifies19 August 2022 - 11:13 am
- percentages19 August 2022 - 10:55 am
- Worn-out19 August 2022 - 10:06 am
- Horrific19 August 2022 - 9:19 am
- against all odds19 August 2022 - 8:45 am
- Requirements19 August 2022 - 8:03 am
- battle for numbers19 August 2022 - 7:43 am
- Concerns19 August 2022 - 7:06 am
- Last moments18 August 2022 - 8:28 pm
- Remember!18 August 2022 - 8:20 pm
- Peace18 August 2022 - 7:03 pm