Harambee Stars goalkeeper Arnold Origi has renounced Kenya's citizenship for Norwegian citizenship.
Origi moved to Norway in 2007 where he has featured for four different clubs before recently successfully applying for Norwegian Citizenship.
Since Norway does not allow dual citizenship, this simply means Origi can no longer represent Kenya and has subsequently lost his No.1 spot as Kenya's goalkeeper
Federation of Kenyan Football (FKF) CEO Robert Muthomi confirmed Origi's exit saying he had been struck off the team list and will not be eligible for selection.
The Lillestrom SK goalkeeper has for a while been Kenya's undisputed keeper and his agility was widely appreciated by soccer fans.
[caption caption="Arnold Origi"][/caption]
His successful application means he will not feature for Kenya in the forthcoming friendly matches against Mozambique, Mauritania and Togo despite receiving a call-up.
- ray of hope14 July 2020 - 1:20 pm
- Research14 July 2020 - 1:20 pm
- going big14 July 2020 - 1:04 pm
- at risk14 July 2020 - 12:44 pm
- opportunities14 July 2020 - 12:28 pm
- transformation14 July 2020 - 12:31 pm
- Hitting Back14 July 2020 - 12:01 pm
- Another One14 July 2020 - 11:54 am
- up the ladder14 July 2020 - 11:28 am
- siliver lining?14 July 2020 - 10:27 am
- Comeback14 July 2020 - 10:36 am
- heartbreaking14 July 2020 - 10:08 am