10 people have died after the bus they were travelling in collided head on with a lorry at Bulta Banta on the Garissa-Nairobi Road on Tuesday morning.
Among those killed are 4 children and their mother.
Several other passengers were injured and the death toll may increase, police say.
Kenya Red Cross said casualties were rushed to Garissa PG Hospital with multiple injuries.
The bus was headed for Nairobi from Garissa when the accident happened at about 3am.
North Eastern police boss Edward Mwamburi said investigations are underway.
This comes just a day after five people died and several others were injured after a matatu they were travelling in veered off road and landed in a ditch on Sondu-Kisumu Road on Monday morning.
Nyanza Traffic Commandant Andrew Naibei reported that the matatu, belonging to Bestline Sacco, rolled several times before landing in the ditch in Ngege area.
- Goodbye24 October 2020 - 2:38 pm
- doppleganger24 October 2020 - 2:11 pm
- sweet24 October 2020 - 1:51 pm
- gruesome24 October 2020 - 1:28 pm
- Halleluhya!24 October 2020 - 1:00 pm
- will they?24 October 2020 - 12:13 pm
- Presidential Treatment24 October 2020 - 11:42 am
- helping hand24 October 2020 - 11:30 am
- Her Take24 October 2020 - 10:37 am
- Tough Crowd24 October 2020 - 9:59 am
- must watch24 October 2020 - 9:31 am
- fatal24 October 2020 - 8:45 am