10 people have died after the bus they were travelling in collided head on with a lorry at Bulta Banta on the Garissa-Nairobi Road on Tuesday morning.
Among those killed are 4 children and their mother.
Several other passengers were injured and the death toll may increase, police say.
Kenya Red Cross said casualties were rushed to Garissa PG Hospital with multiple injuries.
The bus was headed for Nairobi from Garissa when the accident happened at about 3am.
North Eastern police boss Edward Mwamburi said investigations are underway.
This comes just a day after five people died and several others were injured after a matatu they were travelling in veered off road and landed in a ditch on Sondu-Kisumu Road on Monday morning.
Nyanza Traffic Commandant Andrew Naibei reported that the matatu, belonging to Bestline Sacco, rolled several times before landing in the ditch in Ngege area.
- Surge27 September 2020 - 3:59 pm
- Milestones27 September 2020 - 4:21 pm
- Expert Advice27 September 2020 - 2:43 pm
- Ranked27 September 2020 - 2:30 pm
- unveiled27 September 2020 - 2:16 pm
- Commendable27 September 2020 - 1:24 pm
- people power27 September 2020 - 11:34 am
- Costly Journey27 September 2020 - 11:37 am
- Outed27 September 2020 - 11:09 am
- battle27 September 2020 - 9:59 am
- Tragic27 September 2020 - 9:21 am
- Reckoning27 September 2020 - 8:33 am