10 Nakuru County Executives Sacked
Kinyanjui presented a new list of county executive committee nominees comprising of three women and seven men to the County Assembly.
County executives who served for the last five years applied but did not make it to the final list.
The new nominees include Peter Evans Kiplagat (Trade), Eng Lucy Wanjiku Kariuki (Land), Eng Joseph Irungu Mburu (Infrastructure), Halima Gababa (Youth and Culture), Festus Kipkoech (Water), Immaculate Njuthe (Agriculture), Jonah Mwangi (Health), Joseph Kuina (Finance) and Raymond Komen (Education).
The nominees will face the county assembly committee chaired by Speaker Joel Maina for vetting on Monday.
[caption caption="Speaker Joel Maina with Nakuru County lands executive Rachel Maina"][/caption]
In August, Kinyanjui sent top county officials on compulsory leave in what he termed as a move to change the current state of affairs.
He further put on notice the County Public Service Board members who he said have been adversely mentioned in recruitment malpractices.
In addition, Kinyanjui also sent all sub-county and ward administrators and their deputies home.
A month later, the Employment and Labour Relations court ordered all suspended workers to return to work dismissing the Governor's earlier decision.
Justice Hellen Wasilwa suspended the decision after the county employees filed a petition in the court challenging Kinyanjui's decision.
- September 22, 2018 - 7:14 pm
- September 22, 2018 - 5:55 pm
- September 22, 2018 - 5:02 pm
- September 22, 2018 - 4:58 pm
- September 22, 2018 - 3:29 pm
- September 22, 2018 - 2:33 pm
- September 22, 2018 - 1:25 pm
- September 22, 2018 - 1:44 pm
- September 22, 2018 - 12:40 pm
- September 22, 2018 - 11:32 am
- September 22, 2018 - 11:02 am
- September 22, 2018 - 9:53 am