Kenyans on Saturday expressed their anger online against the government's new directive on how members would access services from the National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF).
This was after the Government parastatal limited the number of outpatient visits to only four per year.
Furthermore, members and civil servants between job groups A and K were directed that each visit should not exceed Sh 1,500.
This move was not well received with Kenyans highlighting the con that was been perpetrated by the insurance scheme.
"NHIF you pay 6K a year then restricted to 4 times of 1,500/-, why pay?" one user wrote.
Another questioned: "Honestly NHIF should offer more than 1500/- with all the tax we pay. Hapa pia mimi sikubali aii (I don't agree with this) CS Mailu is how?"
[caption caption="Health Cabinet Secretary Dr Cleophas Mailu"][/caption]
In a press statement sent on Saturday morning, Mailu stated that patients should continue enjoying NHIF services without limits.
“The Cabinet Secretary for Health Dr Cleophas Mailu has suspended with immediate effect the decision by NHIF to limit the outpatient visits to only four per year until further notice. This is until further consultations are held between NHIF board and other stakeholders. Meanwhile, patients should continue to enjoy the services as it has been the case before,” the statement read in part.
Read Also: Health CS Suspends Government Order
Here are some of the reactions from Kenyans online:
- different path13 August 2020 - 8:08 pm
- Nabbed13 August 2020 - 8:10 pm
- angered13 August 2020 - 7:17 pm
- terror threat13 August 2020 - 7:24 pm
- feted13 August 2020 - 6:38 pm
- The Truth13 August 2020 - 6:44 pm
- crash13 August 2020 - 6:22 pm
- shining13 August 2020 - 5:59 pm
- Overprotected13 August 2020 - 5:28 pm
- Chaos13 August 2020 - 5:00 pm
- Ambition13 August 2020 - 4:36 pm
- Insider13 August 2020 - 4:19 pm