One of Kenya's rugby players Peter Wekesa died on Sunday in Mombasa county following a a tragic road accident.
The former Homeboyz Rugby Club (HRC) Captain was traveling in the company of his twin brother John Wekesa and were both pronounced dead on arrival at Mariakani hospital.
Peter was in charge of the Homeboyz team when they won the ESS Cup that ultimately led to the club's promotion to the Kenya Cup in 2011.
Through its official Facebook page, Homeboyz Rugby Club expressed its deep and heartfelt condolences in mourning the player.
“Let’s pray for the departed Souls and the bereaved friends, family members, and the rugby family especially through this trying time.
“Homeboyz Rugby Club expresses our deep and heartfelt condolences and joins in praying for the sorrowing family who has lost three young men in less than a year," read part of the message
Let our Almighty God take the departed souls to their Heavenly Abode and give the entire family strength to bear this heartbreaking loss," the statement read.
This news comes in barely a day after another rugby player, Mike Okombe was allegedly stabbed to death by his girlfriend in Nakuru county.
Through his Facebook post, Menengai RFC head coach Paul Amunivi also expressed his sorrows for the Impala Saracens player.
Other reports indicate that the deceased were brothers to the late Andrew Wekesa, a former Homeboyz rugby player who was stabbed to death in January 2017 in Kitengela.
[caption caption="Peter Wekesa"][/caption]
- different path13 August 2020 - 8:08 pm
- Nabbed13 August 2020 - 8:10 pm
- angered13 August 2020 - 7:17 pm
- terror threat13 August 2020 - 7:24 pm
- feted13 August 2020 - 6:38 pm
- The Truth13 August 2020 - 6:44 pm
- crash13 August 2020 - 6:22 pm
- shining13 August 2020 - 5:59 pm
- Overprotected13 August 2020 - 5:28 pm
- Chaos13 August 2020 - 5:00 pm
- Ambition13 August 2020 - 4:36 pm
- Insider13 August 2020 - 4:19 pm