The Police on Tuesday revealed the cause of the accident that caused the death of former Nyeri Governor Wahome Gakuru.
The report by the authorities indicate that a tyre burst caused the road crash that occured at Makenji along Thika road in Murang'a county.
According to the police, the tyre burst caused the car to lose control, veer off the road and ram into the guard rail which tore into the vehicle.
They also indicated that the accident was contributed by the heavy downpour which had pounded the area.
[caption caption="scene of the accident"][/caption]
Murang'a County Commissioner John Elung'ata also confirmed the cause indicating the area is a black spot and most motorists tend to lose control, especially whenever it rains.
The Police also revealed that the governor's car had four occupants at the time of crash - the deceased, his assistant Albert Kaguru, his bodyguard Ahmed Abdi and the driver Samuel Kinyanjui.
The bodyguard and his personal assistant are reported to be in critical condition, while the driver is said to be in good condition.
He becomes the second Nyeri Governor to die while in office.
[caption caption="Scene of the accident"][/caption]
Early this year, former Governor Nderitu Gachagua passed on while receiving treatment at London Hospital
- cheap politics17 January 2021 - 5:55 pm
- Unfortunate17 January 2021 - 5:35 pm
- Baptism17 January 2021 - 6:14 pm
- Unfortunate17 January 2021 - 4:57 pm
- Fire Back17 January 2021 - 4:09 pm
- Covid-19 Update17 January 2021 - 3:47 pm
- elegant17 January 2021 - 3:37 pm
- End of the Road17 January 2021 - 2:35 pm
- Multimillion Jackpot17 January 2021 - 2:17 pm
- Revealed17 January 2021 - 2:35 pm
- Relief17 January 2021 - 1:39 pm
- Reinstated17 January 2021 - 1:10 pm