Billionaire businessman Chris Kirubi was on Monday flown to the United States for specialized treatment after spending two weeks in a top Kenyan hospital.
Centum Investments Chief Executive James Mworia confirmed this in a memo sent to the company's staff.
The memo read in part: “Dr Kirubi…travelled to the United States for further investigations on Monday."
Mr Mworia, however, dismissed reports that Kirubi's condition was critical, stating that the businessman was doing well.
“Instead, Dr Kirubi, whom I spent time with on Monday and saw off at the airport, and have spoken to on multiple occasions since, remains in good spirits and actively engaged on business matters in his usual endearing fashion,” Mworia divulged.
[caption caption="Centum Chief Executive James Mworia"][/caption]
Kirubi is the majority shareholder of the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE)-listed Centum Investments, with a 28.64 percent stake.
His business interests are in broadcasting, manufacturing and real estate among others.
He also holds leadership positions in at least 10 organizations.
In addition, Mr Kirubi is the Chairman of Brand Kenya, which is meant to promote and market the country to investors and tourists.
[caption caption="Chris Kirubi with other leaders at a Brand Kenya event"][/caption]
- ImagePandemic10 April 2020 - 8:37 am
- Imageangry10 April 2020 - 8:34 am
- Imagesuffering abroad10 April 2020 - 7:13 am
- Imagedo's and donts9 April 2020 - 7:55 pm
- Imageabort mission9 April 2020 - 7:05 pm
- Imagekind9 April 2020 - 6:40 pm
- Imagebedlam9 April 2020 - 6:31 pm
- ImageBeware9 April 2020 - 7:11 pm
- ImageGolden Heart9 April 2020 - 6:49 pm
- Imageswift9 April 2020 - 6:03 pm
- Imageemergency9 April 2020 - 5:57 pm
- ImageGhost Whispers9 April 2020 - 6:19 pm